Kanban System Design, KMP I (KSD210607)
Dates: June 7. and 8. 2021
Time: 9:00 to 17:00 CET all four days
Instructor: Dogan Gunes
The Kanban Method is a management method to improve service delivery, catalyse improvements and evolve a business to be “fit for purpose”. In this class, we will cover simple concepts that are powerful in helping you organise, understand and manage your work.
You will learn how to design a Kanban system and initiate evolutionary change with Kanban. You will learn the basic concepts of flow, pull, and collaborative improvement. You will also learn how to become faster and more responsive through better risk management and governance. You will gain practical insights on how to understand your systems of work so that you can implement or improve Kanban within your organisation.
- Learn the Principles and Practices of the Kanban Method
- Experience the flow of a Kanban system
- Learn how to identify work item types and classes of service
- Utilize the Systems Thinking Approach to Introducing Kanban (STATIK) to understand your systems of work and how to design your initial Kanban system
- Learn the fundamentals of visual board design and card design
- Understanding Kanban
- The meaning of Kanban
- The Kanban Method
- A simulation of flow and Kanban
- Debrief: Understanding Kanban Systems
- Summary: Benefits and Results of Kanban
- Implementing Kanban with STATIK
- XIT Case study
- Applied to real-world cases of attendees
- Visual ticket and board design patterns
Prerequisites: Attendees are expected to have read Kanban by David J. Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. You will be provided discounts to e-book copies of these books upon registering for the training.
Who should attend?: Managers and team members who want to start a Kanban initiative or get more out of their current Kanban system.
Benefits: Become faster and more responsive, with better risk management and governance.
Certified Training: Students completing this class and the Kanban Systems Improvements, KMP II class will receive the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
Due to the uncertainty about how the COVID-19 pandemic is developing, this training might be transferred to a virtual format. We at Better Change have extensive experiences in facilitating online trainings by use of virtual class rooms and break out rooms. Our virtual trainings are as engaging as our in-person trainings, you still will do exercises, have group discussions and interact with the trainer for maximum outcome. The only thing you will miss is the delicious lunch we normally provide at our venues. If we transfer an in-person training to a virtual format, we will inform you no later than a month before the scheduled beginning of the class.