Kanban Systems Improvements, KMP II (KSI211118)
Dates: November 18. and 19. 2021
Time: 9:00 to 17:00
Location: MBK A/S, Pilestræde 61, 1112 København
Instructor: Dogan Gunes
The Kanban Systems Improvement (KSI) course concentrates on the complex demands of a multi-teamed organisation and explores how to maintain momentum beyond initial improvements realised from a successful Kanban implementation.
You will learn how to extend your previous knowledge established during the Kanban System Design course. You will explore the rollout and daily operation of a Kanban system. You will consider what type of Kanban initiative is most appropriate for your organisation and how to effectively manage and evolve it over time. Learn how to improve agility with asymmetrical commitment and regular cadences for meetings and feedback. The class also covers metrics and effective policies.
- Learn the basics of evolutionary change and why it is the preferred, humane approach and effective at dealing with resistance to change
- Utilize the Kanban cadences to provide important feedback loops to grow, evolve, and improve your Kanban system for continuous improvement and sustainable customer satisfaction
- Manage dependencies across multiple Kanban systems
- Learn the fundamental Kanban metrics to utilize them to make informed decisions
- Learn tools for balancing demand and capacity, including managing variability, improving flow, and shaping demand
- Why Kanban?
- Basic approaches to Kanban
- Evolutionary Change (A Case Study)
- The Kanban Method (Review)
- Kanban for the Enterprise: Service Orientation, Scaling, and Upstream
- Are customers satisfied? Feedback Loops
- Communication flow for business agility
- Improvement Techniques:
- Measuring performance
- Disruptions and Dependencies
- Overhead and inefficiency
- Managing Evolutionary Change
Prerequisites: Attendees are expected to have read Kanban by David J. Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows. You will be provided discounts to e-book copies of these books upon registering for the training. Prior attendance in the Kanban System Design (KMP I) class is preferred.
Who should attend?: People who are currently using a Kanban system, have prior experience with Kanban, or are currently in the KMP training series.
Benefits: Implement continuous improvement for sustainable customer satisfaction.
Certified Training: Students completing both Kanban Systems Design KMP I and this class will earn the Kanban Management Professional (KMP) credential.
Due to the uncertainty about how the COVID-19 pandemic is developing, this training might be transferred to a virtual format. We at Better Change have extensive experiences in facilitating online trainings by use of virtual class rooms and break out rooms. Our virtual trainings are as engaging as our in-person trainings, you still will do exercises, have group discussions and interact with the trainer for maximum outcome. The only thing you will miss is the delicious lunch we normally provide at our venues. If we transfer an in-person training to a virtual format, we will inform you no later than a month before the scheduled beginning of the class.